Apply for the “Memory and Attention Neurobiology” workshop.
Apply for the “Neurobiology of personality” workshop.
Read below for each workshop.
Sandra Westerman, a neurologist, with 17 years of medical experience, works for 11 years in her private practice “Physician’s Practice in Neurology” (www.e-neirologs.lv). Having graduated from the medical faculty of the Latvian Academy of Medicine (University of Riga Stradits), in the neurology of residential neurology at the University of Latvia’s Postgraduate Education Faculty, repeatedly in neurology at various German clinics, this year obtained a master’s degree in cognitive neuroscience (22.09.2018; Academy of neuroscience, Germany).
Is a member of the Latvian Association of Physicians, the Association of Neurologists, as well as a member of the German Society for the Study of Pain, the German Society for Migraine and Head Pain, the European Biefeedback Society, and a member of the American Association for Applied Psychology and biofeedback. Experience in conducting lectures and seminars for different audiences on topics in medicine and neuroscience. Regularly published in Latvian medical journals (“Doctus”, “MedicusBonus”, “Latvijas Vēstnesis”, etc.). Completed the Training Programmes for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback (AAPB) and Medicene Research and Training Fondation in Biofeedback and Neurofeedback Methods (2010/2011). The current activities and objectives are to promote practical psychophysiology (www.biofeedback.lv) and practical neuroscience (www.neirozinatne.lv) techniques in Latvia, and to introduce them in practice in improving health and work capacity and preventing diseases.
“Learning, memory and attention – neurobiological foundations” workshop
Time: 12.11.2018. 15:00 – 17:00
Targeting: Teachers, Development Specialists, Parents.
- Learning and memory theories
- Learning and memory neurobiological basics
- Memory structure
- The role of attention
- Learning success measures – how to better teach and learn?
Seminar: Neurobiological foundations for Personality Development
Time: 12.11.2018. 18:00 – 20:00
Audience: Development Specialists, Parents.
- Personality neurobiological foundations – 4-level personality model
- Neuromodulators and personality
- Neurobiologically sound personality types
- Intelligence, intelligence
- Intellect and intelligence
- How to change yourself and others: neurobiology for change
- How to change others (e.g. partners, children, students, employees)?
- Different forms of motivation and their effectiveness
- Pay criteria
- How to change yourself?
- Why is it so difficult to change?